About the Kansas Credit Union Association
The Kansas Credit Union Association was organized to:
- Promote the welfare and interests of credit unions.
- Assist in the organization of credit unions.
- Act on behalf of credit unions.
- Carry on essential business functions for the common benefit of all member credit unions.
- fosters the credit union philosophies of democratic control and "people helping people";
- promotes safety and soundness of its member credit unions while giving full support to the credit union cooperative system;
- develops and maintains favorable legislation and regulation for credit unions;
- provides educational opportunities:
- generates healthy credit union growth strategies;
- makes available other credit union programs and services.
To assist member credit unions in meeting the needs of their members and potential members in order to further the success of Kansas credit unions.
The KCUA administrative offices, education and training, marketing, communications and consulting services are housed at the Wichita facility, as well as KCUA’s for-profit entity, Shared Financial Solutions (SFS). SFS provides services to credit unions throughout Kansas and Nebraska.
KCUA has an office in Topeka which provides governmental and regulatory advocacy and compliance services.
KCUA / SFS Staff Directory
Year Established: 1934
Credit Unions in Kansas: 88
KCUA and credit unions know the importance of giving back to their communities. Read more about KCUA community involvement and Kansas credit union community involvement.
Kansas Credit Union Statistics
Updated quarterly. Includes number of Kansas credit unions, asset holdings, number of members, financial market share and more.